I would like some help on building a blog-based website. I would like this based on Wordpress.
I have design comps (already cut up in HTML) for this and will provide a detailed list of items I need added to wordpress based on the design comps. Below I list the pages I need programmed along with an example for another site of what I'm shooting for.
I. Landing Page - http://nymag.com/restaurants/?f=food
1. Landing page that lists blog posts as well as featured articles
2. browsing menu that allows user to filter post by neighborhood, price, and two or three other browsing categories
3. space for advertising
4. Key word search
5. top navigation but more simple than this example. For example, no dropdowns
II. Search results page - http://nymag.com/srch?t=restaurant&N=265+69&No=0&Ns=nyml_sort_name|0
1. Search results
2. same browsing menu as on landing page
3. ad space
4. sorting links to sort by things such as price, name, etc.
5. filtering links, so allow for the user to filter their initial search by a second term, such as price
Individual Article Page - http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/apizz/
1. a top area that summarizes the blog post info, such as name, address, and two or three summary statistics such as price range, etc.
2. links that allow the user to print page, email, view on map'
3. text area to display body of post
4. panel, similar to the area to the right of text area) to display a list of misc info.
I would want a site components to be part of a database where the post body as well as post attributes such as name, neighborhood, price, etc are all store as separate pieces of data. That will allow searching, filter, sorting etc. For example, users should be able to browse by neighborhood and get all items in the database in a particular neighborhood. After getting results back for that neighborhood, they should be able to select a price range and get results back for that neighborhood and price range.
1. Technical Spec
2. HTML for all site pages
3. PSDs and JPGs
Not sure if you'll need the PSDs and JPGs but you might find them useful. Please let me know how much it will cost and how long it will take to build this site based on wordpress.org platform. Thanks.