www.zerocontract.com is a mobile telephony blog helping users to get the latest information about new phones, new packages or plans and wireless carriers in Canada. This blog is very similar to www.cellphones.ca but unlike www.cellphones.ca, it will play mostly like the customers’ voice instead of wireless providers’ advertising platform.
Design & development
The portal will have mainly 4 modules that will make up the top menu:
• News: this module will feature latest published articles by admin or authorized users. Users (registered) should be able to comment and share articles on major social networks sites. Articles can include photos and videos. In a tabular submenu we will find the following links
o Most reviewed : list of most commented articles
o Most popular: articles that get more click from readers.
o Archives : collection of past articles
• Plans: this module will stay mostly unchanged, I mean with all features or options we find on www.cellphones.ca/cell-plans/ but for the selection of the regions, we will consider only the provinces. We don’t need the cities. In a tabular submenu we will have links to plan comparison, most rated plans (our reference doesn’t have this option) and carriers’ ratings.
• Phones: this module will include mostly all the features or options we find on www.cellphones.ca/cell-phones/ but I’d like to add the following feature: admin will add a set of prices for each phone, the carrier’s price and an AMP price (AMP stands for average market price). In a tabular submenu we will have links to phone comparison, phone reviews and wiki-phone (same as resources)
• Forums: this module will feature a well organized forum with a search filtering by carriers, manufacturers and subjects.
The homepage will feature the most recent articles, a table of newest and most popular phones like on www.cellphones.ca homepage, and newest and most popular plans.
1. The default language is English but the site will be in French as well. Then the translation and the activation of the languages should be very easy from the admin panel.
2. Wordpress offers some good advertising management plug-ins please add them for us because we intend to add banner advertising and Google adsenses as well.
3. I hope to get very inspirational logo and color scheme. I have a preference for blue and yellow but I’m very flexible. I just expect a simple but beautiful mixture of colors.